Public Works Utilities Superintendent
The City of Faribault has an opening for a Utilities Superintendent in its Public Works Department. The Utilities Superintendent manages planning, operating, and maintaining of the facilities and equipment of the water supply, water distribution, sanitary sewer collection, and stormwater drainage systems. Also this position exercises close supervision over water and sewer system operators, utility maintenance workers, utility locators, temporary workers, and other staff assigned.
Applicants must submit a letter of interest, resume and complete City application packet to be eligible for this position. Application packets are available at www.faribault.org or at Faribault City Hall, 208 NW First Avenue, Faribault, MN 55021. Original application packets can be mailed or dropped off; emailed or faxed documents will not be accepted.
Friday, January 20, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. (not postmarked)
See attached position description.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two years of post-secondary technical certification/degree in water supply and distribution systems, sewer collection systems, stormwater, public works administration or a closely related field.
- Seven (7) years of related experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Class B certifications, or ability to secure Class B certifications, as a water system operator and sewer collection system operator as determined by regulatory rules and regulations.
- Valid State driver’s license with class A commercial driver’s license (CDL) endorsement, or ability to obtain one within six (6) months.
- Four years of post-secondary education in Engineering, Public Works, Construction Management, Public Administration or a closely related field.
- Ten (10) years of related experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of State and Federal drinking water, wastewater and stormwater regulations.
- Knowledge of facilities and operations maintenance.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of price trends and grades or quality of materials and equipment.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions common to municipal utilities maintenance and repair activities.
- Working knowledge of the practices, methods, materials and tools used in modern equipment and facilities maintenance.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective preventive maintenance programs, policies and procedures; Ability to maintain effective accounting procedures; Ability to carry out assigned projects to their completion; Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, vendors and the public.
- Physical Demands
- See attached position description.
See attached position description.
$63,756 to $79,695 Non-union position
Contact: Kevin Bushard, Human Resources Manager at 507-333-0354
Please see the Human Resources main page for the City of Faribault employment application.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Seasonal Employment Opportunities
The City of Faribault is accepting applications for the following 2016 & 2017 Fall and Winter Seasonal employment opportunities:
Hours: Monday through Friday, 5:30 - 7:30 a.m.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
WATER EXERCISE INSTRUCTORS
Hours: Tuesday and Thursday, 8:30 - 9:30 a.m.
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
SEASONAL PARKS MAINTENANCE
Applications will be accepted continuously until all positions have been filled.
Applications can be found on the City’s website at www.faribault.org or on the 2nd floor at City Hall, 208 NW First Avenue, Faribault MN, 55021.
Applicants must mail applications to Human Resources, 208 NW 1st Avenue, Faribault MN, 55021 or drop off applications at City Hall, 2nd floor, 208 NW 1st Avenue, Faribault, MN 55021 to be considered for these positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Please click on the FAQs to the left for a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Answers regarding employment with the City of Faribault.